Types of Wood Burning Fire Pits
Consider these popular wood burning fire pit options for your outdoor entertaining and enjoyment.
1. Traditional fire pits: These are classic steel or cast iron fire pits. They usually have a deep bowl where wood is burned and a mesh screen or spark guard to prevent embers from escaping. Traditional fire pits provide an open flame experience and are suitable for larger outdoor spaces.
2. Chiminea fire pits: A chiminea is a freestanding outdoor fireplace with a chimney-like structure. They are usually made of clay, cast iron, or steel. Chimineas are known for their unique design and provide good heat distribution. They are a popular choice for smaller gardens or patios.
3. Fire bowls or fire tables: Fire bowls or fire tables are modern fire pit options. They are usually metal or concrete and come in various shapes and sizes. Fire bowls provide a contemporary look and can be a focal point for outdoor entertaining. Some fire tables feature a built-in gas ignition system, allowing for easier fire control.
4. Portable fire pits: Portable fire pits are designed for easy transportation and setup. They come in various styles, such as folding fire pits or grills. Portable fire pits are great for camping, picnics, or tailgating.
5. DIY fire pits: If you feel creative, build your fire pit using bricks, pavers, or cinder blocks. There are many online tutorials and resources available for DIY fire pit projects.
From our office in Atlantic Beach and satellites throughout Northeast Florida, Rockaway Inc proudly serves both commercial and residential landscape design, maintenance, lawn care, irrigation, and outdoor living carpentry client needs in Jacksonville, St Augustine, Atlantic Beach, Neptune Beach, Jacksonville Beach, Ponte Vedra, Nocatee, St. Johns, and Fernandina Beach.