Eleven Front Yard Landscaping Ideas
Create a place you want to come home to with these eleven front yard landscaping ideas.
1. Flower Garden: Create colorful, vibrant flower gardens in your front yard. There are many colorful options of flowering annuals and perennials to mixed and matched during various seasons of the year. While Spring is the busiest season for gardening there are a wide array of flowering annuals and perennials available to add festive color to your landscape in the Fall and Winter months.
2. Pathways: Create pathways within your landscape for both utility and beauty. While pathways to the front door are practical the one between a few shrubs and around trees can be magical. Your pathways can lined with all manner of materials from mulch, pine bark and pine straw to hardscaping with flagstone, gravel, and pavers.
3. Trees and Shrubs: Plant some trees or shrubs in your front yard to provide shade, privacy, and add visual interest. Choose species that are suitable for your climate and will thrive in your area.
4. Lighting: Install outdoor lighting fixtures to highlight specific features of your front yard, such as trees, flower beds, or architectural elements. This will create a welcoming atmosphere and improve safety at night.
5. Lawn Turf: There are many varieties of turf suited to your preference and site conditions. Typical grass varieties for Northeast Florida include Bahia, Bermuda, Centipede, Seashore Paspalum, St. Augustine, and Zoysia. There are many hybrids created within each variety that allow the look in an area that the standard variety won’t grow and to provide greater pest resistance.
6. Turf Alternatives: Reduce your lawn maintenance needs with turf alternatives, such as groundcovers, artificial turf, and xeriscaping gravel. These options will reduce water consumption and maintenance requirements.
7. Water Features: Adding a water feature such as a fountain, pond, or birdbath can create a soothing and tranquil ambiance in your front yard. At Rockaway we offer installation of Aquascape water feature products including stacked slate urns, walls, and spheres available in a variety of sizes.
8. Outdoor Seating Areas: Create a cozy seating area near your front entry other under the canopy of your trees where you can relax and enjoy your front yard with family and friends. Decking and pergolas are popular options our outdoor carpentry division construct in beaches communities with highly restrictive permeability zoning limitations. Paver patios and seating walls are another option we provide throughout Northeast Florida. Use outdoor furniture, lighting and audio systems to outfit these areas for comfortable and enjoyment.
9. Edging and Borders: Define areas of your front yard using edging or border material. This can be accomplished with bender board, pavers, coquina and other rocks, and bricks, which will give provide clean lines of contrast between portions of your front yard and an overall neat and organized appearance.
10. Vertical Garden: If you have limited space, consider installing a vertical garden on a wall or fence in your front yard. Use hanging pots, stacked planters, or trellises to grow vining flowers, and edibles including herbs and veggies.
11. Decorative Accents: Add decorative accents like statuary, wind chimes, and colorful pots to infuse your personality and charm in your front yard.
Remember to consider the overall style and architecture of your home when choosing landscaping ideas to ensure a cohesive and harmonious look. From our office in Atlantic Beach and satellites throughout Northeast Florida, Rockaway Inc proudly serves both commercial and residential landscape design, maintenance, lawn care, irrigation, and outdoor living carpentry client needs in Jacksonville, St Augustine, Atlantic Beach, Neptune Beach, Jacksonville Beach, Ponte Vedra, Nocatee, St. Johns, and Fernandina Beach.