5 Popular Hardscaping Design Trends
Popular hardscaping design trends vary depending on geographic area and individual preferences. However, some popular hardscaping designs that have been favored in recent years include:
1. Minimalistic Hardscaping Design focuses on simplicity and clean lines, using minimal materials and features. Minimalistic hardscaping incorporates functional spaces like driveways, walkways, decks, and pergolas in geometric relationships and neutral beige, brown, or gray shades. Artificial turf and minimal planting beds and container gardening are common with this hardscaping design trend.
2. Naturalistic Hardscaping Design is inspired by nature, incorporating organic materials such as stone, wood, and plants to create a harmonious outdoor space. It may feature elements like gravel paths, water features, and rustic furniture. Naturalistic landscape design incorporates sustainable native plant choices that provide food and habitat for wildlife.
3. Mediterranean Hardscaping Design draws inspiration from the architectural styles of Mediterranean countries like Italy and Greece. It often includes arches, terracotta tiles, stucco walls, and colorful tiles accenting a silvery-green palette of juniper topiaries, bougainvillea, oleander, herbs, and succulents.
4. Contemporary Hardscaping Design is characterized by sleek lines, modern materials, and a minimalist approach, often incorporating concrete, metal, and glass. It aims to create a clean and sophisticated outdoor space. Using low-maintenance plants, architectural elements like decking or stone patios, pathways, and synthetic turf can enhance the overall look of contemporary garden design.
5. Asian-inspired Hardscaping Design takes inspiration from traditional Japanese or Zen gardens. It often features elements such as bamboo, rocks, gravel and minimalist water features like fountains or koi ponds. Zen Garden design more broadly focuses on creating a serene, meditative, and often an immersive garden space.
For every client looking for to integrate popular hardscaping design trends, we assess the site conditions, elements, and principles of the overall landscape design, along with the client’s wants and desires for their space. There are broader design styles that hardscaping design trends are a part of. Consider these five garden design styles.
Plus, consider these landscaping design tips for Florida.
From our office in Atlantic Beach and satellites throughout Northeast Florida, Rockaway Inc proudly serves both commercial and residential landscape design, maintenance, lawn care, irrigation, and outdoor living carpentry client needs in Jacksonville, St Augustine, Atlantic Beach, Neptune Beach, Jacksonville Beach, Ponte Vedra, Nocatee, St. Johns, and Fernandina Beach.