Six Driveway Design Options
When it comes to driveway design options, there are several factors involved that we focus on in client landscape design consultations including aesthetics, functionality, and budget. We help clients balance these to deliver the driveway design they love at a price they can afford. Here are a few driveway design options you can explore:
1. Concrete Driveway: Concrete driveways are popular for their durability and versatility. They can be customized with various finishes, textures, and colors to suit your preferences. They are prone to cracking due to the intrusion of tree roots, concrete thickness, and base amount.
2. Stamped Concrete: Stamped concrete driveways mimic the look of more expensive materials, such as cobblestone or slate, at a fraction of the cost. They can be customized to varied colors and simple or highly elaborate patterns.
3. Asphalt Driveway: Asphalt driveways are cost-effective and provide a smooth, black surface. They are durable and can withstand heavy traffic, making them an excellent choice for long driveways.
4. Paver Driveway: Pavers are individual blocks made from various materials, such as concrete, stone, or brick. They offer a wide range of design options and colors. They are notably more long-lasting than concrete driveways prone to cracking. The various colors and designs make paver driveways popular in Northeast Florida’s newer home construction. Belgard and Tremron pavers are the top of our suppliers for paver driveway installations.
5. Gravel Driveway: Gravel driveways are an attractive, highly permeable material that’s great for drainage. They require periodic maintenance, such as regrading and replenishing gravel. High quality border materials can provide a more contemporary and modern feel to the gravel driveway design.
6. Permeable Driveway: Permeable driveways encourage stormwater recharge into the soil, improving drainage using permeable pavers, concrete, plastic grid systems, rock, gravel, and other materials. As community interests arise, the industry adapts to provide what we’ve always encouraged: sustainable landscape solutions.
Check your local building codes and regulations as part of your research into your best-suited driveway design option. Consider seeking assistance from our professional landscape architects and designers to ensure the design meets your needs and complements your property’s overall aesthetics.
Learn more about our Landscape Design & Installation Consultation Process HERE.
From our office in Atlantic Beach and satellites throughout Northeast Florida, Rockaway Inc proudly serves both commercial and residential landscape design, maintenance, lawn care, irrigation, and outdoor living carpentry client needs in Jacksonville, St Augustine, Atlantic Beach, Neptune Beach, Jacksonville Beach, Ponte Vedra, Nocatee, St. Johns, and Fernandina Beach.