Pool Landscaping Design Ideas
Here are a few pool landscaping design ideas and styles to consider.
1. Tropical Oasis: Create a lush tropical oasis around your pool by incorporating large palm trees, colorful tropical flowers, and dense foliage. For additional planting options, consider our list of tropical plants. Add an outdoor kitchen, bar, lounge chairs, and hammock for a relaxing getaway vibe.
2. Contemporary Minimalism: Opt for a clean and sophisticated look using sleek, modern, and sustainable materials such as concrete, steel, and glass. Incorporate clean lines, geometric shapes, minimalist plantings, hardscaping, firepit, and artificial turf for a contemporary feel and low-maintenance sustainability.
3. Waterfalls, ponds, and water features: Install a stunning waterfall, pond, or cascading water feature next to your pool to add the soothing sound of running
water and a sense of tranquility and natural beauty. Combine it with rocks, boulders, and lush greenery for a more naturalistic setting. Stacked slate urns, spheres, and walls are available in various sizes with pumps, underground reservoirs, and lighting options in pondless configurations with remote controls.
4. Mediterranean Retreat: Create a Mediterranean-inspired poolside retreat using terracotta tiles, colorful tiles, and rustic elements. Incorporate Mediterranean garden plants like agapanthus, agave, bougainvillea, lavender, oleander, olive trees, and yucca for an authentic touch.
5. Zen Garden: Design a peaceful and zen-like atmosphere around your pool by incorporating elements like bamboo, stones, bridges, sculptures, and water features. Add Japanese maple trees, bonsai,
camellias, farfugium, ornamental grasses, mosses, and sedum for an atmosphere and a calming effect. Adding a koi pond provides instant authenticity to the zen garden.
We base our prepared pool landscaping designs on your preferences and style in association with the existing architecture and design elements. Homeowners often want a hybrid pool landscape design incorporating elements from various styles and design ideas. Book a consultation with a Rockway landscape architect or designer to take your design ideas through to completion.
From our office in Atlantic Beach and satellites throughout Northeast Florida, Rockaway Inc proudly serves both commercial and residential landscape design, maintenance, lawn care, irrigation, and outdoor living carpentry client needs in Jacksonville, St Augustine, Atlantic Beach, Neptune Beach, Jacksonville Beach, Ponte Vedra, Nocatee, St. Johns, and Fernandina Beach.