Five Pergola Style Options
You can choose from several pergola style options based on your preferences and needs. Here are five pergola style options to consider:
1. Traditional Pergola: This style features a classic design with vertical posts and horizontal beams on the top. It provides a shaded area while maintaining an open feel. Features of traditional pergolas include ornate carved overhanging beams. Options include prefabricated traditional pergolas and those we customize at Rockaway for clients looking to create unique features that can reflect elements of Asian, Craftsman, Mediterranean, or Victorian architecture. Traditional pergolas tend to be rectangular or square.
2. Modern Pergola: A modern pergola might be the right choice if you prefer a contemporary look. It often incorporates crisp, sleek lines and minimalist design. Modern pergolas can be constructed of metal, vinyl, or wood. They can be free-standing or attached to other modern architecture.
3. Gable Pergola: The Gable Pergola style has a pitched roof with sloping sides, similar to a traditional house roof. The rafters are angled to meet at the ridge in the center of the structure. Gable pergolas offer extra protection from the elements and create a more enclosed feel.
4. Arched Pergola: With an arched top, the arched pergola style adds a touch of elegance to your outdoor space. Custom arched pergolas make beautiful walkways with added height at the center. They often include mortise and tenon joints. They provide a unique focal point and can be customized to suit your preferences. Our custom outdoor carpentry division can deliver and install your arched pergola design and any other options you might have in mind.
5. Open-Top Pergola: This style has no roof, allowing for unobstructed sky views and providing an open, airy feel. It is a popular choice for those who want a pergola that primarily serves as a decorative feature.
There is a significant cross-over in the terminology used to describe pergola style options. Rockaway’s custom pergolas are designed and constructed to suit your choice of styles, building materials, and colors. When deciding which pergola style best suits you, consider how you want to use the space and what additional amenities might be included, such as an outdoor kitchen, furniture, lighting, televisions, and audio systems. Contact us to book a design consultation to build your custom pergola today. We also install pergola kits in instances that suit your needs. Learn more about the Advantages of Custom-Built Pergolas.
From our office in Atlantic Beach and satellites throughout Northeast Florida, Rockaway Inc proudly serves both commercial and residential landscape design, maintenance, lawn care, irrigation, and outdoor living carpentry client needs in Jacksonville, St Augustine, Atlantic Beach, Neptune Beach, Jacksonville Beach, Ponte Vedra, Nocatee, St. Johns, and Fernandina Beach.