Landscape Irrigation – Daylight Savings Time
Landscape Irrigation Ordinance for Duval County
Landscape irrigation is a critical component of overall health and appearance for your home or business. It’s important to not only follow guidelines for your particular landscape, but also the Duval County Irrigation Ordinance.
The Duval County Irrigation Ordinance applies to landscape irrigation from ground or surface water, from a private well or pump, or from a public or private utility.
Daylight Savings Time
(Second Sunday in March to the first Sunday in November)
- No watering from 10am – 4pm
- ODD number addresses or addresses ending with letters N-Z, or no address, may water only on Wednesday and Saturday
- EVEN number addresses or addresses ending with letters A-M may water only on Thursday and Sunday
- Non-residential addresses may water only on Tuesday and Friday
- Apply up to 3/4-inch or less of water each zone
Exceptions to Schedule
- Irrigation for new landscapes is allowed at any time of the day for the initial 30 days and every other day for the following 30 days for a total of 60 days
- Watering in of chemicals, including insecticides, pesticides, fertilizers, fungicides, herbicides, etc. is allowed within 24 hours of the application and cannot exceed 1/4″ of water or the limit allowed on the label
- Irrigation systems may run at any time during the day for maintenance and repair up to 20 minutes per hour per zone