Maintenance Crew Leader
This position oversees the maintenance of grounds of industrial, commercial or public property by leading to crews to perform the following duties:
- Cutting lawns using various sized power mowers; Trimming and edging using a gas-powered edger/trimmer; Operating a gas-powered backpack blower; Trimming shrubs and branches or twigs using shears, pruners or gas-powered hedge trimmers; Planting seasonal color; Applying chemicals or fertilizers; Performing light irrigation repair; Performing weeding by hand or using a garden hoe or hula hoe
- Ensure crew dispatches on time, with proper equipment, tools and materials.
- Ensure quality is kept up, proper procedures are used, and crew maintains proper timeline.
- As a hands-on leader, you’ll be expected to drive our vehicles, lift/carry materials and equipment, and see that all machinery and standards are strictly maintained, meeting quality and safety expectations
- Communicate with supervisor about any complications and timeline issues
- Will be the first line of customer contact on site, understanding their concerns and providing the appropriate immediate response
- Ensure paperwork is filled out correctly
- Ensure tools are properly stored and accounted for each day
- Additionally, the crew foreman is expected to ensure all crew members are abiding by all internal control & safety practices
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience in the landscape/maintenance industry
- Must have valid FL Driver’s License
- Residential lawn maintenance and installation knowledge
- Great work ethic
- Ability and knowledge of how to maintain machinery and equipment
- Ability to lead other crew members
- Need to be able to keep accurate and organized work orders
- Must follow directions closely, ensuring the maintenance accounts are done correctly and route is followed properly.
- Ability to work in accordance with safety standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with crew, management and customers
- Ability to comply with company standards
- This position requires one to be able to perform physical work and heavy lifting. This position requires the ability to load and unload trucks, and moving plants and material. Ability to lift 50 lbs on occasion and 25 lbs regularly
Compensation is based on experience and will be extremely competitive. Please visit our website at www.rockawayinc.com to learn more about our company and to apply to our career opportunities. We look forward to hearing from you!