Landscape Installation Crew Leader
- Ensure crew dispatches on time, with proper tools, plants and materials, as well as equipment
- Ensure quality is kept up, proper procedures are used, and crew maintains proper timeline
- Communicate with supervisor and designer about status of jobs, any complications and timeline issues
- Help in layout of landscape designs, and make field changes as conditions dictate
- Ensure quality is kept up, proper procedures of used for planting, mulching, prep and maintenance
- Facilitate timely completion of projects
- Ensure paperwork is filled out correctly
- Ensure tools are properly stored and accounted for each day
- Ensure all excess materials/plants are stored in a clean and organized manner
- Additionally, the crew foreman is expected to ensure all crew members are abiding by all internal control & safety practices
- As well as lead the crew, also responsible for working with the crew to perform the following duties:
- – Plant foliage, flowering plants, grass, ground covers, trees, and shrubs, and apply mulch for protection, using gardening tools.
- – Trimming and pruning of shrubs, perennials and small trees.
- – Follow planned landscaping designs to determine where to lay sod, create beds, or plant flowers and foliage.
- – Layout and design of paver and natural stone patios, walks and walls.
- – Remove old landscaping to include removal of sod, shrubs, trees and weeds
- Loading and unloading of plants, mulch, dirt, sod etc as job requires
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience in the landscape industry
- Must have valid FL Driver’s License
- Residential lawn maintenance and installation knowledge
- Hardscape and paverwork experience preferred
- Great work ethic
- Ability and knowledge of how to maintain machinery and equipment
- Ability to lead other crew members
- Need to be able to keep accurate and organized work orders
- Must follow directions closely, ensuring the landscape installation is accurate according to design.
- Ability to work in accordance with safety standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with crew, management and customers
- Ability to comply with company standards
- This position requires one to be able to perform physical work and heavy lifting. This position requires the ability to load and unload trucks, and moving plants and material. Ability to lift 50 lbs on occasion and 25 lbs regularly
Compensation is based on experience and will be extremely competitive.
We look forward to hearing from you!