The Irrigation Manager leads the technical service division of Rockaway, Inc. The duties include items to help with the overall functions and the implementation of technical service jobs. The duties listed below are meant to improve the efficiency of existing processes and implementation of new processes with the goal of both increasing overall client satisfaction both (internal and external) and increasing divisional profits.
General Job Responsibilities
- Perform initial irrigation/lighting inspection, providing detail analysis of system on all maintenance clients both residential and commercial
- Draft inspection sheet showing items completed during initial inspection and repairs/upgrades needed
- Analysis of controller/transformer, rain sensor and overall coverage
- Breakdown of costs associated with needed repairs
- Generate all corresponding paperwork and/or LMN functions
- Purchases parts required to repair, create or renovate irrigation/lighting systems
- Maintaining accurate irrigation and lighting inventory
- Assist with sales of both contracted and noncontracted accounts as needed, providing an added resource to either the account manager or salesperson
- Schedule irrigation audit, repairs and installations.
- Train and oversee other divisions technicians through monthly technical service training meeting and oversee their truck and inventory ensuring proper parts and minimum tool requirements are upheld
- Ensure all paperwork filled out and recorded properly by technicians
- Manager responsibilities such as: Hire additional technicians by performing phone screens and/or interviews, train the new crew members on safety, job responsibilities and process, perform reviews, and address all performance- based issues in a timely manager for development, growth and disciplinary action.
- Understand P&L Statements and Divisional Financial Statements and make suggestions for improvement upon results (monthly)
- Handle technical service emergencies during non-business hours, as needed.
- Make sure crew/trucks have proper safety items and follows safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience in irrigation/lighting industry
- Ability to troubleshoot irrigation/lighting systems to determine reparation needs.
- Must have valid FL Driver’s License.
- Computer skills to include, outlook, lmn, word, and excel
- Residential lawn maintenance and installation knowledge
- Great work ethic
- Ability and knowledge of how to maintain machinery and equipment
- Ability to lead other crew members
- Flexibility is important, as schedules change very quickly.
- Need to be able to keep accurate and organized work orders
- Ability to work in accordance with safety standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with crew, management and customers
- Ability to comply with company standards
- This position requires one to be able to perform physical work and heavy lifting. This position requires the ability to load and unload trucks and moving plants and material. Ability to lift 50 lbs on occasion and 25 lbs regularly
Compensation is based on experience and will be extremely competitive.
Please use the link to the right to apply for our career opportunities. We look forward to hearing from you!