Irrigation & Lighting Technician
The Irrigation and Lighting Technician will be in charge of design and installation of irrigation systems, both new and existing, as well as landscape lighting.
- Perform initial irrigation/lighting inspection, providing detail analysis of system
- Draft inspection sheet showing items completed during initial inspection and repairs/upgrades needed
- Analysis of controller, rain sensor and overall coverage
- Breakdown of costs associated with needed repairs
- Analysis of lighting, if applicable
- Troubleshoot and prepare low-voltage lighting systems
- Layout and install new low-voltage lighting
- Handwritten proposal as needed for same day jobs
- Purchases parts required to repair, create or renovate irrigation/lighting systems from FIS.
- If inspection warrants, selling a proposal to clients with a professional presentation
- Maintaining accurate irrigation and lighting inventory
- Other duties as assigned.
- Irrigation experience is required. Lighting experience beneficial, but correct person can be trained.
- Ability to troubleshoot irrigation/lighting systems to determine reparation needs.
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to converse in a professional manner.
- Requires a motivated, take charge person that can follow directions and easily multi-task.
- Basic computer skills, including MS Outlook.
- Flexibility is important, as schedules change very quickly.
- This position may require one to be able to perform physical work and heavy lifting. Ability to lift 50 lbs on occasion and 25 lbs regularly.
- Valid FL Driver’s License required.